A unique opportunity to join yoga and mindfulness classes and learn key tools and techniques to help your child tap into their inner-calm and cope with life’s stressors.
This is a 45 minute session running over four weeks and is aimed at 3-6* year olds as well as the big person in their life (parent, caregiver, grandparent). *Please note that we also welcome those with children under 3 who would love to take up this opportunity before the pre-school years arrive.
You and your little one will learn yoga, mindfulness and social-emotional activities that can easily be integrated into your family life.
The tools will help to release stress, regulate the nervous system, express and integrate feelings and attend to the present moment – helping both you and your little one flow through the early years more naturally and peacefully.
Part class/part course we will be applying these fun and easy-to-do exercises during each session. The learning will come by ‘doing’ meaning you and your child will be absorbing the magic right then and there. Watch your little one teach you!
- Optimise health, well-being and happiness
- Stimulate new brain cell development
- Increase their creativity and ability to learn – brains in pain can’t learn
- Cultivate self-regulation and acceptance of emotions
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase attention span and improve memory
- Enhance self-awareness and mindfulness
- Build a strong, open and flexible body
We will also touch on the key developmental milestones for this age group and physical, social, cognitive and sensory development.
As a Mum to two lively monkeys (now five and seven) Simone understands the need for spontaneity and so there will be plenty of patience, flexibility and creativity allowed for in every class.
Timing doesn’t quite work for you? Join our Facebook group Tickle My Feet Yoga to stay tuned about future kid-focused (and/or adult) yoga and mindfulness classes and events that we love sharing with you.
- One little to one big (this is so you can both honour this special time together and get the most out of what’s on offer – if you have twins contact Simone to discuss, Simone is a twin herself and has a sense of the ‘juggling act’ this requires!)
- Four-week commitment (arrival on time to ensure space to settle before class starts)
- Pre-registration. Please email us with your first and last name’s, age of little and mobile number or use the registration form below
- Please make payment to confirm your spot (spaces are limited)
- Please pay via online banking using our Tickle My Feet Yoga bank account number on our Rates page and use your ‘Big’ name as the reference
- All of the equipment will be provided. Bags, mobiles and bits to be left outside the studio room (bring in a water bottle for little & big if required)
- Check out our terms and conditions ahead of your first class.
“The yoga and mindful techniques work on building positive neural pathways for our little ones so that as they grow, they can learn to accept their emotions, self-regulate and find their bliss…naturally. I know through my own journey, just how challenging the early years can be and that is why my heart is invested in sharing these tools and support to those bringing up little ones.”
– Simone Grant, Certified Yoga Teacher + Yoga Therapy for Kids
Simone has been sharing her love of yoga with pre-school and school aged children across Whanganui over the last few years. This is the second offering ‘outside an educational classroom setting’ for little ones at her yoga studio, Tickle My Feet Yoga. Numbers are restricted – don’t miss out, book ahead! Our first Oct 16th, 2018 start date sold out in a few days.
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO PROVIDE THESE KIND REVIEWS BELOW:
“My granddaughter Poppy (almost 5) and I loved attending Little & Big. Poppy looked forward to it every week and was so sad it had to end, she has some wonderful yoga tools to take with her as she begins school. I highly recommend it, much thanks Simone.”
– Kim Gooding, Poppy’s Nana
“Talulah (aged 2.5) was a little shy to begin with but after four weeks she has absolutely blossomed and what Simone has taught us is seriously helping deal with emotions. She can’t stop talking about ‘oga’ and showing Dad all the poses and breathing exercises – ‘Bumble bee’ breath is a favourite and we use it together to settle and relax before bedtime.”
– Carly Mcalorum, Talulah’s Mum
“Thank you so much Simone for our wonderful yoga and mindfulness sessions this year – the children always looked forward to you coming. It was amazing to watch the children transform from busy to peaceful, calm five year olds. The different themes and messages you shared throughout, fitted perfectly with our school values and virtues programme.
– Dinny Harrison, New Entrant/Year 0 Teacher, St Johns Hill School
“Thank you so much for sharing your light, love and passion for yoga with nga tamariki Simone. Your kind, gentle and fun loving personality makes you the perfect person to brighten up our day.”
– Fiona Penn, Head Teacher, Whanganui Montessori Pre-School
“Simone is wonderful with our children when she shares yoga. So peaceful and calm and our kindy children are captivated by the wonderfully imaginative story lines and themes built into the movement. Highly recommend Simone as an instructor for children.”
– Shelley Kyle, Teacher, St Johns Hill Kindergarten